Sunday 30 August 2015

The Horrors of Supply Shopping

My week has been very eventful. Along with being pleasantly surprised with my school ID, I also went to the CNE. As always, it was amazing but wearing flip flops and walking for 14 hours made my back hurt for days. I also convinced my mom to let me claim the basement seeing as I could not afford to stay in residence. The basement is a mess so let's see how that goes...

I had been putting off school supply shopping for ages... well until about a week ago. But finally my bag is ready to be filled.

The reason I was so hesitant to get supplies was because I had no clue what I should get. I didn't want to be underprepared, but I also didn't want to face the embarrassment of buying way to much. I hit the web, blogs onsite and various Tumblr blogs and composed a list,

Necessities

These are items that you definitely need:


  • Bag- I'm reusing my bag from last year because I love it so much. It's a black turtle shell that fits my laptop perfectly and is big enough for everything else
  • Pencils
  • Erasers
  • Pens- blue, black, and red
  • Notebooks- at least one for each class... I have seven this semester :/
  • Lined paper
  • Small ruler- less for measuring, more for making straight lines
  • Sticky Notes- variety of shapes/sizes/colours
  • White Out
  • Highlighters
  • Index Cards- and maybe a cute case for them
  • Binders- either one per class or, if you have many like me, one per day
  • Subject dividers- Suuuper important if you're using a binder per day
  • Pencil Case- something to hold this stuff in...
  • Water bottle- reusable please
  • Planner- trust me
Good To Have

These aren't absolutely required but will definitely help.

  • Laptop/Tablet- It's difficult to go through school in this age without one but don't get me wrong, it's definitely possible. If you don't have one (and even if you do) make sure you have a flash drive
  • Fineliners- definitely a bit pricey for a good assortment but worth it for studying, especially if you're a visual learner.
  • Dry erase/cork board- best to have important dates right in front of you instead of keeping it in a book
  • Mini Stapler
  • Mini hole punch- got a cute purple mini stapler and a purple ruler/hole punch combo from staples
  • Paper clips- good for papers you need to keep together but can't hole punch (important documents)
  • Travel mug- coffee and tea can be just as important as water when it comes to 8 am classes (I have two :/ )
That's all I've gotten. Regardless of what you find, keep in mind to look for deals and sales. Some things can get pretty pricey and you have to keep in mind how much you'll be paying for textbooks and other course requirements. If you have any suggestions please comment and don't forget to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment