Sunday 20 September 2015

Room Style

Happy Sunday! I finally had my two final Monday classes, but sadly none of my friends are in either. My first class, counselling and communication skills, was pretty good but the textbook is really dull. I already have a test tomorrow so my fingers are crossed. My second class, English, was pretty good as well. luckily I do not have to buy a textbook for this class. The one downside is that my teacher is one of those deep thinkers that believe that every small detail has some metaphorical meaning and as a writer I can say that 95% of the time, details are just to set the scene or fill space, and rarely have a superficial meaning. Nothing else really happened through the week except that I'm finally moved into the basement *happy dance* and I attended my first college party!

Now that I've, mostly, moved into the basement, I have decided to make a quick post on some amazing dorm/bedroom styles and tips for those getting sick of their blank walls.

Super Useful Things to Have

  • Toolbox
  • First aid kit- even if it's just the basics
  • A printer- " I added a bit of washi tape so it wouldn't be an eyesore" (X)
  • Storage- you'll honestly never have too much.
  • Rug- You will be grateful on chilly mornings.
  • Mirror- Full-length is even better

If You're in a Dorm or a Dull, Undecorated Space

  • Work with white walls instead of covering them up- "embrace the minimalism" (X)
  • Plants help to liven up a space.- some plants that grow in low lighting are; peperomia, zeezee, arrowhead vine, cast iron. and calathea
  • Make photo frames from washi tape
  • Use throw pillows as extra seating
  • Get alternative lighting if your room only has drab fluorescent lighting
  • Lofting beds can add extra space- if the ceilings are high enough

Extra Decorating Tips

  • Make sure that your desk is as aesthetically pleasing as it is organized- this will make studying less painful
  • Instead of hiding your shoes, use them as art. display them in view.
  • use clipboards as photo frames and to display important documents at your desk
  • Make your own headboard if your bed comes without. It can add some style and you can coordinate it with your duvet cover or comforter

If you're still stuck take this quiz to determine your ideal  room theme and then see this post for some styling tips by theme.

I'm sorry this post is short, but I'm still adjusting to all the homework. See you next week!

Sources
x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment